Friday, December 28, 2007

One food at a time

Well it is now the 28th and Ashlynn has not gotten bored with her mobile as of yet. I haven't gotten bored watching her with it yet either. She has turned into quite a little talker.... not that you could understand a word of it.... but those bills and coos are enough to turn a stone man into mush. She loves talking to who ever happens to be holding her. She imitates anything that you do. My mom has spent weeks flicking her tongue at her, and Ashlynn tries so hard to do it back. She loves any face that you make at her that shows your tongue right now and could spend hours sticking her tongue back out at you. She is getting so close to a laugh that it has all of us laughing with delight as she smiles and makes a sound that is close to a gasp. She is such a little social butterfly that she has a very hard time if you leave her to her own. We do it though because she needs to be able to entertain herself also. That is where that godsend of a mobile comes in.
The other night her face just exploded with eczema. It is so hard to figure out what food I am eating that is causing it. What is worse is the fear that it could be more than one. It makes me hurt just looking at her poor little face. It is all around the back of her head now too. I am going to ask the doc at her well baby appointment next week if there is something more that we can do for it. Perhaps there is a prescription creme that will help. I had to go back to the pump and feed today because her face is so sore. The problem with that is that when she gets back to healed and I want to breast feed again it is such a struggle. Let me tell you that this little one has a mind of her own. She gets the bottle and realizes that it is easier and doesn't want to go back to the breast. We had several days of fussing last time. Enough so that Dave wanted to just pump and feed all the time. I however was not so in favor of that. I have taken quite a liking to the time that she and I spend feeding. It took a while but once we fell into a routine that worked for both of us it really has become a great bonding experience. Ah well..... What is a few days fussing really in the long and the short of it. Her face is so sore and this is far more comfortable for her. Now we just have to find the offensive food and ban it forever. I can hardly stand what it is doing to my little one.
Tomorrow she will be officially 2 months old. I don't know whether to say that the time has flown or wonder how it can only be two months. As quickly as it seems to have gone.... I cannot imagine life with out her now.... even when I am wishing to God that she would go back to sleep because it is 3 AM and the rest of the world is asleep. Life is good and the two months that she has been here have been the best I have ever had. To be blessed with both Ashlynn and Dave in my life makes me one of the luckiest people in the world, I think. She doesn't even look like the same baby. She has chunked out nicely.
Speaking of Dave he will be35 on Monday. Holy moly 35 years young.... I'd make a crack about his age, but I am not far behind really. He never lets me do anything big, but my parents are going to babysit so that I can take him to dinner and maybe a movie. We'll do it on the Sat after though because New Years has so many people out and about and neither Dave nor I really play well with others.
Well i gotta run. The last half of this was typed with the angel on my lap. ( not so easy) and she is starting to sing me the dinner ( or really 4th dinner, babies sure eat a lot) song.
Melissa

1 comment:

bj Lubben said...

geez i wrote a comment and then had to go sign in and when I came back my comment was gone. Well you can guess what my comment was about... I just adore this idea of a blog. You write so well melissa, that it is like reading a book about my son and his wonderful family. Thank you so much.
Kisses and love, see you real soon.