Monday, August 30, 2010

What do you get someone who has EVERYTHING?





My husband and my mother keep asking me what I want for my birthday ( tomorrow) and I am having a real issue answering that question. I keep going back to the fact that I have every thing I could possibly dream of. I have a wonderful husband who loves me. I have two remarkable children who adore me as much as I adore them. I have amazing family that are always there for me. I am a very very blessed woman. I don't need a thing in the world... and while I am aware that needs and wants are very different things..... I don't want anything more than what I have either. Life is good. And I know it.
Yes I can say that books would be nice or this that or the other. But I guess one of the problems is that when you are as happy as I am..... some of that other stuff rather pales. I love to read I love to do crafts.... but I don't get much time for either of those anyways. But when I sit down to read one or the other of my children wants to be in my lap. That makes it tough to read or to knit/crochet. So invariably it gets put down for my babies. And yes sometimes that grates on the nerves. Say when it happens the twentieth time in a day. Most times, however, it is wonderful. I am so blessed by my children and having them in my lap and arms reminds me of that. I hold them and that love that is so big anyways, wells up inside me. It amazes me at least once a day per child and husband how very much love we are capable of.
I don't need so very much anymore. I have food, I have clothes, I have shelter, and I have love. So while I am aware that I should be able to answer that question easily... I have no answer, because on any given I am so full of gratitude for the blessings I have already that I don't know that I could ask for any more!
By the way. Dave went to an interview on Friday and was hired ON THE SPOT! We are so very grateful for the prayers and thoughts that were sent our way. Life is remarkably good!

No comments: