Friday, August 21, 2009

Playing with bubbles and other assorted hijinx


Dave says that I may be over doing it with the photos... but I read an article recently about a man who is making it his mission to take a picture of his children a day from day one until 18 so that the progression of growth can be seen. I was sort of taken with the idea. How neat to see the progression of the growth that we don't notice from day to day. I like the idea to a certain extent. But the pictures that he had in his article were stiff pictures of a kid standing against the wall, and I wasn't so taken with those photos. So I have made it my mission to take as many interesting photos as I can of my children doing what it is they do best... being silly and having fun. ( or in Taryn's case swinging and learning how to smile. ) But I cannot take just one photo a day of my children. I have to take many many photos for more reasons than just one. Firstly you should see the number of photos that I have of the back of a head or half of a face or a tongue sticking out. Children are constantly moving unless they are asleep... and half of Taryn's photos are taken in the swing the other half are taken in the baby carrier. So I have outtake after outtake and every now and then I end up with a gold nugget of a photo. The other thing is that I have cute kids.... really really cute kids... how could I possibly stop with one photo. It is simply not possible!!!
I miss days, and I suppose that will make the progression a little off... but well life at times is a little hectic with two children under two. I am only human after all and when I realized as we were pulling off the highway that I had forgotten the camera and could not document Ashlynn's first trip to the zoo. We were not going back for it though as it was more than an hour drive. Sorry charlie. No pics of the zoo visit. Which in some ways breaks my heart due to the really amazing look of Awe that Ash had on her face when her daddy lifted her up for a better look at the seals... or the excitement when she saw the tiger, or the wonder when she was just on the other side of the glass from a monkey. The photo opportunities were many... and I didn't have a camera. But so goes it. The other thing is that it is bound to get boring seeing Ashlynn in different ( and sometimes the same clothes a week later) in the same settings. But Ash and I do not go too many places during the week and she is always learning and exploring new and different things. So be it. That is what we will have interspersed with the exciting days that we have one the weekends.
So this is our record of the lives of two of the most beautiful girls in the world. And while we may miss a few days here or there.... the hope is that the content of the pictures I do get will make up for the days that I drop the photo ball. And if I do say so myself I am getting better and better at catching the really good moments and the really sweet smiles.

No comments: