Monday, June 9, 2008

The better to eat you with my dear......



A has cut her third tooth and a fourth is on the way. She now has teeth on the top too. How exciting... how scary... how positively wonderful. Daddy was playing on the floor with her on Sat when he noticed it. I don't know how we could have missed the sucker but it is already cut through and ready for her to start chomping with. Not that any one can see it. She has been so busy running her tongue over it that you can't get close... and when you try she clamps shut. It is officially no longer safe to let the kid chew on your fingers... my father found that one out the other day. As he was shrieking in pain A was looking at him calmly with an expression that plainly said " what's the big deal, wuss."
Our visit to the Docs on Thurs of last week gave us a bit of info that I had suspected but was not entirely happy with. Our little A has had a "cold" off and on for the last month because she suffers from hay fever. Doc said that she was not sick but that nose, throat, ears, and lungs all sounded terribly irritated. He also said that the 100+ temps that I had been seeing were because while not sick she is not well and that is how her body responds to the irritation. He also said that there was nothing that we could do to treat except for the allergy meds that she already takes to control her eczema. If it gets real bad we can add in another time per day that she gets it. But that for me will be a last resort because it makes her sleepy and grouchy. I for one like my little girl's smile not only that but I really like to spend my time with her when she is not out cold. So we will just have to suffer through the allergies and know that sooner or later they will get better.
Doc told me that really eczema, hay fever, and asthma are not all different illnesses or issues, but rather different aspects of the same. He is not surprised that we are dealing with hay fever... and won't be if it turns into asthma at some point. I am not so willing to look at it that way. I do not want my little one to have asthma. It can be debilitating and keeps a lot of kids from being active parts of the world around them. So we are praying really hard that it won't go that route, while also aggressively treating the eczema breakouts so that it doesn't go much further. Keep your fingers crossed and say a prayer if you pray.
The thing about our little princess is that even with teething while suffering from hay fever we have not had a cross word out of her. She still has a smile for nearly everyone. Dr. was amazed by how well behaved she was when he was examining her. He kept calling her his Irish beauty. Nearly every one we meet tells us how beautiful she is. I know that all parents are convinced that they have a beautiful child, but I really think that we have one of the prettiest. Not to mention the happiest and the nicest and the smartest and the.... well I don't want to get carried away and start to look like I am bragging on her or anything. But she is singing my song.... and she does it in such a sweet way.... gotta go.

No comments: