Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Long time no write....



I must apologize for how remiss I have been in my duties of letting everyone know how our little princess is growing and changing.... Our little princess has been ill and it has been keeping me on my toes.

A has been dealing with a case of the sniffles since mother's day off and on. Every time that it got bad enough that Dave and I would be ready to cart her off to the Doc's office... she would get better and we would opt out. It seems that it is going around and this case of the sniffles has put my brother my mother and my father on antibiotics. This last week I myself fell prey to this nasty little bug... and had to go to the doc.... where I was told that I have what sounds to be pneumonia and sinusitis, although she didn't bother to take a chest x-ray because she was putting me on meds anyways. The whole household has been suffering with me as I cannot be in a lay down position for more than five minutes before I am coughing like a maniac. So they gave me a cough medicine with codeine... which would be wonderful if I didn't have to get up with an active 7 month old baby at 8 every morning...

I had thought that I might want to bring A in just in case due to the fact that I am sick... and then she got a fever that matched mine ( 101 and some pocket change.) So we are off to see the wizard tomorrow to get her little butt on an antibiotic or be told that she is not in need of one. Either way I will know as a mommy that I have had this checked out. She is not terribly ill and in fact aside from the fever seems in good health. The sniffles have abated for the most part (right now) Perhaps we will go in tomorrow and she will make a liar of me.

With her off and on sick though I have been a little busy. I sure look forward to the day that she can wipe and blow her own nose.... LOL. One nice little side effect is that all of the sinus pressure cleared out the clogged tear duct. So we don't hear " what's wrong with her eye" any more. Some days it would look like someone smacked her in the eye. So we are certainly thankful for that. The "cure" for it if it didn't clear up on its own is a nasty little procedure that I wanted nothing to do with. ( Dave made me promise that we wouldn't do it when he heard about it.... as if I was even considering it. )
At any rate I do apologize for how neglectful I have been. I will try to be better in the following weeks.

No comments: