Monday, June 30, 2008

Bye bye baby bye bye!



A has started waving Bye bye! It was a process that we have been going through. First when someone would wave bye bye to her those little fingers would get to twitching and she would just stare. Then we started seeing bye bye being waved at odd times. She would wave bye bye while she was eating or while she was nursing. At first I thought that she was signaling that she wanted to nurse. We are working on some basic sign language and the sign for milk is really close to the bye bye wave. So I there for a time I was feeding her every time she would wave. I hesitate to ask what she weighs now. It finally hit me when we were leaving my parents house and she waved bye bye to Gramps and Gran after they waved to her. They were so excited.... " LOOK!! She waved bye bye" DUH! ( although I am not completely convinced that sometimes she isn't signing that she wants to nurse. So we offer it when she "Asks")

It is really exciting when she does something new like that. I must have an extremely boring life.... because I glow for hours when she has done something new. You would think that I was the one that had accomplished the new feat. But when we make a big deal she stands real tall and grins with such delighted pride that I am knocked over with love and pride. The other day when D came out of the bathroom from a shower she squealed " Ah Da" with so much excitement that I thought D was going to break down and cry right there. Parenthood is always amazing and constantly rewarding... but there are moments as parents that little in this world can compare to.

I started a job today. Thus far I have been a stay at home mom. I have loved every single second of staying home and being a mommy. There have been moments when I wondered if I was crazy, but I have never wanted to change my circumstance. D and I wanted a little extra coming in though and I needed to get out of the house a little. I left for the first time this morning. I work in the morning when D is home so that we don't need to pay for a sitter. My job is 2 blocks away so I am close to home... and best of all they are willing and able to work with me on the time constraints that I have so that I can continue to nurse my little one with out needing to pump. My new situation creates a strange combination of pride and fear in me. I am excited to be working outside the home again ( no matter how few hours) but I am terrified of leaving my little one ( no matter the fact that she will be with my husband.) They suggested that I come in for a period of 3 hours to get my feet wet. By two hours and 10 minutes I was seriously missing my little girl... By three I was damn glad that I was going home. I rushed home to find that A had suffered not a whit with me gone. I wasn't sure whether I was relieved or slightly put out. She survived the morning, however I am home now and I am not sure if we both will survive the evening. You see I cannot duck out of her sight at all.... and I cannot put her down for more than a few minutes before she is crying like her heart is broken. Perhaps a delayed case of separation anxiety. We shall have to see. At any rate I have to go. I am being informed that my time is up! MAAAAMAAAAAAA!

1 comment:

Ladybird said...

Hi there. Found u on an eczema search. Hope ur daughter is better.