Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Boy she looks just like....


We have a beautiful baby that is a fact. She is just cute all of her facial features fit together to form a gorgeous little angel. Everyone says so ( it is not JUST my own partiality.) It is hard though to play the look alike game with my daughter. She has managed to blend features from myself and Dave seamlessly, and has come up with her own individual look. We have played that game none the less since the day she was born. " She looks like you with Dave's eyes" " Oh look at her she looks just like Daddy" on and on. The day after she was born my mother and father and myself were staring at her adoringly in the hospital when she woke up and yawned. My father says "You know sometimes she looks like..." just as my mother says " At times I can really see..." just as I was saying " Wow! She really looks a lot like..." We all looked at each other and then said " Keagan!" at the same time. Our dear angel looks a lot like her older brother. Only a few days later Dave said the same thing. That means that she looks a lot like her daddy because Keagan looks a lot like Dave.

That is not to say that she doesn't look like me, in fact she does very much so. There are pictures of myself when I was her age that the only difference appears to be the clothing we are wearing. But then I have been out and about with Keagan and been told that my son looks just like me, or statements to the same effect.( for that matter I have had people ask if Dave was my brother, once my own cousin mistook him for my brother!) Dave jokingly asked once if there was a fork in our family tree that we didn't know about. I like our neighbors take on it. Bev said that you know when you have found your true love because the two of you look alike. That is my story and I am sticking to it doggone it!

We have noticed a strange trend though. When people see A with a Nuk in her mouth they see her daddy, when it is taken out they see me. It is almost foolproof. We have laughed about that since she was a very little baby. When her mouth is full she looks like Dave LOL. I guess that means that the top half of her face looks like Dave and the bottom half looks like me.

No comments: