Monday, December 8, 2008

Been a while!

Wow how quickly time can fly sometimes..... and we weren't really even having fun. How it has been a week since the last time I posted I don't know. Last week I was at the clinic ( all the way across town) every day except Friday. We found out that A is allergic to the Amoxicillin that they put her on. So we were off to see the doc and get some more. I had several visits also including one where I myself was put on antibiotics for this stupid upper respiratory crap. Nearly every one in our combined households have been put on something in the last week or two. The only one so far that is unscathed is Dave. Punk! I was officially transferred to MFM at one appointment and all of my insulin was upped at another. And this weekend we looked forward to some much needed rest. Which sort of happened. But A spiked a temp to 101.6 and we are now wondering what the heck is going on because we are already on an antibiotic. Doc told me today that I should wait until tomorrow and if she still has a temp she has to go in.... here we go again.
Here's hoping it is viral and she will be her normal self tomorrow.
I know that all of you are looking forward to a real update both on A and on the new kid on the block. But truthfully..... as busy as we have been there has been very little forward movement. I do have to brag for a minute or two though. When we were in the waiting room for me on Wed. there was another little girl who was 6 days older than A. This child was all over the place giving her mommy a hard time. I had brought a few toys for A and she was playing quietly. There were several other people in the waiting room. There were a few girls who were stunned that the two were so close in age saying that they thought that the other girl was much older because of the running around that she was doing. I just smiled because I know my daughter and while she can certainly keep me running not in a busy place where there are a lot of people that she is uncertain of.
The other little girl was called into the office and then all of a sudden all of the attention was focused on A. She just kept doing the things she always does. She was drinking from a sports bottle of water... and then she wiped off her mouth. Stunned one of the women said I have never seen a baby do that. Then A proceeded to put the top back on the bottle and click it into place. "Oh My God that is amazing!" another woman says. She then took it off and it landed under the table she looked up at me and said " Get it" as clear as day and when I did so said " Thank you" also so clear that all of the women in the room could clearly understand her. " Wow" said a third woman " You have an incredibly clever child." A continued to do these things that Dave and I take for granted really and kept her audience enthralled up until I was called in to the office. The woman who remarked on A's cleverness stated that she was a teacher and that she saw amazing potential in A. You should have seen Dave light up. He was sitting there like a lit up Christmas tree.
When we left he mentioned the other girl and how much more active she had been. I just smiled at him and told him..." Our child sat and played at that office not because she couldn't run around and play like the other child.... but because she took stock of the room and decided that there were a few to many risks for her to get too far away from mom and dad. So she sat contentedly playing at our feet secure that we were there and that she was safe." That's my girl! Cautious to the bone.... and makes the right decision after weighing the pros and cons. Not a bad way to be.
Well until next time.... and hopefully it will be sooner rather than later.

No comments: