Tuesday, December 8, 2009

O Christmas Tree






This Sunday we decorated our family Christmas tree... In fact it was quite a weekend because Ashlynn spent the night on Saturday with her Gran and Gramps... and Mom and Dad went out for their anniversary and Christmas shopping. Then on Sunday when Ash woke up from her nap at Gran and Gramps' house she came home and we put up our tree. We bought a fake tree when I was pregnant with Aislynn. Last year was the first year that it was put up in our house.
We are finding that Ashlynn is as drawn to the tree as last year and she is having as much trouble keeping her hands off. We have lost a few ornaments due to that difficulty already. We are also thinking that it might cut down on our electric bill... because the lights in the house are now supposed to be off while the tree lights up the house. Fine by me. Our tree is leaning to the side now... because there is a Belle ornament that Ash particularly likes and it is stubborn and won't come down... she has tugged a few times and the tree sits now at an angle. I have threatened that I will take the whole tree down if she doesn't stop pulling and tugging at the ornaments. Though Dave has said that he won't let me. ( and I wouldn't do it anyways. ) Our house is just too small to put a baby gate around it ... and she is tall enough now that it wouldn't help much anyways. So I am resigned to the fact that I am going to lose some of my ornaments and at some point we will have to correct the angle of the tree... PUNK KID : )
We are getting prepared for the blizzard of the season here. They say that tomorrow it will be nearly impossible to drive. But we have a new coat and new boots for Ash so we are set to go out and explore what snow is all about. She is already looking out the window and asking if she can go out and play in the snow. One of us will take her out tomorrow or the next day. One of us will have to stay in with Taryn as she has a little cold going on again. Poor baby.
Taryn has officially moved into 6-9months in clothes. Such a big girl... and she is following the same pattern as her sister and hitting the size as she hits the suggested age for it. My two are the ONLY two kids I know who have done that... and Ash is STILL doing it... although we can still cram her into some big 18 months and smaller 2Ts. Every other kid I have known has been in much larger sizes than the suggested age or much smaller. My niece was in an 18 months when she was 9 months old for crying loud. But my girls go right along with the suggestions that the manufacturer offers. Makes it easier to buy for them. ( Although Ash's Christmas dress is a 4T and it fits her perfectly in the body though it is way longer than intended. It is BEAUTIFUL!) My mother opted for buying dresses for her girls this year. There just isn't enough time to make them. And she found she could buy all three girls a store bought velvet dress for less than she would spend on the velvet for one.
Ash will be an integral part of the baking that we do for Christmas this year. Each year ( since I was in high school) my mother and I have baked and made cookies breads and candies for christmas. We have taken a break for the last couple of years due to those before mentioned dresses. But now that she isn't sewing all night for a month before Christmas my mother intends to pull out the cookie sheets again. I can't wait to decorate sugar cookies with Ash I am betting it is going to be a ton of fun.... although I am also betting that we will lose half of it to her tummy. But then that is half the fun. My mother and I have realized that we very quickly lose any interest in the items that we make maybe Ash will too. Although we will have to be careful of dairy this year for her. I am so looking forward to it.

Taryn is singing my song though... gotta go.

No comments: