Thursday, December 24, 2009

On the Eleventh Day of Christmas






This list would not be complete if I didn't put my niece Ariah in here. She has been sunshine on the darkest days. She was born the week after I miscarried in July of 2005. She is a bright light and I love her so very very much. She comes so late in this list because I wasn't sure if her parents would appreciate her photo on my blog... but I have posted a few before and I just posted her Dad a few days ago. So I am going for it.
Ariah is an amazing kid. She is so full of energy and light. Her smile can light up the room and she uses it often. When she was little I babysat her. During that time she was having a hard time settling down for naps... and I am afraid that I didn't help at all because I would just bed down with her and out we would go. She would get her nap... but I got one too. I do the same with my daughters now, however in my defense I do not EVER get a full nights sleep anymore so that is my catch up time.
Ariah is a big sister to Ashlynn. I have never seen a kid so excited to see a baby born. She held Ash on the second day that she was alive and was so very very proud of it. It took a little bit but the jealousy did settle in when Ariah realized just how important this new little girl was to all of the important people, but she quickly settled in to her role as older cousin and now takes it very seriously.
Ri and I often bump heads because she is a strong-willed little girl. She is feisty and she does what she can to get her way. She is going to run every one around her in circles. She sees me sort of as an older sister I think and some days she treats me that way. Even when we are at odds I have a great deal of respect for that little attitude and the independence that causes it.
This child has been a enormous blessing in my life. In ways that she will never fully understand I think. You see she has been there and been a love in my life though all of my losses. She has shone that little light and helped me to crawl out of the darkness at times. These reasons are in addition to the fact that she is one of the sweetest little girls that I know... and she is a blessing to all who know her.

No comments: